All about Selecting Right Managed Services Provider (MSP) For Your Business
Adopting new technologies, adapting to change in customer expectations, and pressure of digital transformation – Businesses have a lot to manage. It is, therefore, not surprising that many companies now prefer to outsource or hire expertise from outside for specific requirements. This includes tasks such as network management, security, Asset lifecycle management, network infrastructure design, customer support, and so on. Managed Services Providers (MSPs) offer a specific set of services for clients – It could be related to client support, or even network security. Many MSPs also specialize in IT consulting.
In this post, we are sharing more on what it takes to find the best managed IT services for your business.
- Service profile. For reviewing MSPs, it is particularly important to understand their service profile, and if that can align with the needs of your business. As we mentioned earlier, MSPs can offer a wide range of services. Common services include customer support, cloud backup & disaster recovery, private cloud services, help desk assistance, and network management. Many companies also include ALM, or asset lifecycle management, in their profile. Make sure that the MSP you choose is capable of bringing scalability to your business.
- Industry experience. It is absolutely critical to select an MSP that has some experience in your industry. Don’t shy away from asking the tough questions, such as –
- How long they have been in business?
- What kind of businesses do they work with?
- Have they worked in your industry in particular?
- Are they working with any of your immediate competitors?
- What can they specifically provide for your company?
These are just a few questions that must be answered. If you have pertinent questions related to their work profile in your industry, do seek details.
- One of the many reasons to hire MSPs is to reduce operational costs. Eventually, the cost of hiring a managed IT service should be lower than having an in-house team. Make sure to get an estimate, no matter how elaborate or simple mix of services you choose. However, don’t be tempted to select an MSP simply because they are cheaper than others. As we have stressed time and again, expertise counts.
Finally, try and work with a local service, especially if you are seeking hardware support or need a team to handle your network infrastructure and management needs in person. Check now and shortlist a few options- The whole process starts with deciding what you wish to outsource.