What is Lead Generation Marketing and How Can it Help My Business?
If we talk about lead generation marketing today, it comes in a digital form that is concerned with generating interest for a product/service, and there are several strategies that can be used to generate online leads. A lead, broadly defined, is when a consumer is interested in your products or services and finding these consumers is what lead generation marketing is all about, and with that in mind, here are a few of the strategies that are often used to generate leads.
- The Website Form – This is usually offering something in return for the customer’s details, perhaps in the form of a free downloadable “how to” guide, or an ebook with useful information related to the industry. The online store visitor leaves their name and email address and in return they receive the free item, and this is one way to increase online sales/ conversions by encouraging site visitors to give some personal information that can be used in a future email marketing campaign.
- Google Ads – It is possible to generate leads through Google Ads, whereby the ad pops up when the right keywords are used in a Google search, and when the user clicks on the ad, they are taken to your landing page. There are specialist SEO companies who can create an effective Google Ad campaign that will lead to many new leads that can be converted into sales.
- Direct Email Campaigns – Sending emails directly to your customers, offering a promo code discount can be very effective, especially just before festivals. If you hire a leading SEO provider, they can create dynamic email campaigns that produce results, plus they can help you to improve your lead conversion rates.
- Social Media – You can create social media contests where users are encouraged to send images, or refer friends, and rather than simply being a platform for idle chit-chat, social media sites often give the business a lot of valuable data that can be used when creating marketing campaigns. Every business should look at social media as a very powerful platform that has great marketing potential, and by enlisting the help of a digital marketing agency, you can maximise the benefits from your social media accounts.
- Blogging – You could have a blog page on your website, which is filed with informative articles related to every aspect of your industry, or you could post blogs on independent blog sites, which is called blogger outreach, and with carefully placed links to your landing pages, you will receive many new site visitors.
- Creating “How To” Videos – If you make a short instructional video that is related to your industry, it can be posted on all of your digital platforms, which would likely lead to some serious enquiries.
- Pop Up Banners – These can be designed to appear when a user spends a certain time on a page, or if they hover over the back button, you can create an exit pop up banner, which encourages the user to take another step.
Lead generation marketing is a very effective way to generate new interest in your products or services, and talking to a local SEO specialist is all it takes to get the ball rolling.